Thursday, 22 April 2010

Update... A big one ;)









Well, where do i start? Has been a long time since i updated this blog...

Well after making the diff guard, it was time for its event at Brickhill, near Milton Keynes.
The truck went really well, with only minor breakages... had a problem where that the brake servo vacum hose wasn't long enough after the body lift, leaving me with really hard brakes and an engine that was revving how it wanted to. Knocked a couple of trees so it has some more dents and some paint missing, but that ius what it was built for ;) Oh and a missing exhaust... VERY VERY loud!!

After brickhill i decided it needed a bumper, so using a length of 2"x4" 4mm box section and some scaffold tubing , i made this... I also incorperated recovery eyes....

I have also turned it into a half pick up, by welding the rear door behind the seats. It didn't shut properly anyway ;) not a good picture, but oh well...
Have also made a start on a roll hoop for the back, have done the main hoop, just got to finish the rear braces...pics whem its finished...

I have also remade the exhaust, now has a hugggggeeee tailpipe, and it's very loud ;)
video


Have also added some recovery eyes into the rear bumper....
more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment